Sunday, December 27, 2009

Amsterdam

Amsterdam is such a shock! I knew it would be pretty and relaxed, but i didn't know that it would be gorgeous and that there would be such a range of things to do! I really like this city because it's a modern environment, but it is historic, making it lovely. The ONLY problem i have found is that it is very dirty. Very dirty. The ground is COVERED in gum, cigarette butts..and poop. All over the sidewalk. You really have to watch where you are going.
Alex and I are having a great time regardless of the dirty ground. We have gone to a couple museums and gone out to eat a couple times. We spent our first day simply roaming the city and it was just as entertaining because it was so beautiful!
In a couple days we are leaving for Bruge, Belgium. I don't really know anything about it, but i've been hearing from many sources that it is a great city and the best place to visit in Belgium. I'll be sure to get some chocolate!
After that, it's Paris. It's getting so close I start to get tears in my eyes every time i think about it. A little pathetic, but i'm just that excited! Fireworks at the Eiffel Tower....wow.

Ange-- i forgot a long time ago i wanted to tell you that alex and i went to this pizza place and i thought of you the whole time because it was just like kens pizza! You would love it! I think it was some of the best pizza i've had...ever. It's interesting though, in Austria it's very traditional to put an egg on pizza...interesting, but delicious.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Paris and fireworks at the Eiffel Tower?!...Je suis jaloux! Your Dad says watch your step...I think that pertains to Amsterdam but good advice anyway ;->! We love you...I know you've heard it a lot but remember lots and lots of pictures! Dawn and Dad

joy said...

goosebumps! I look forward to these posts from abroad... love you & miss you lots & lots - can't wait to hear about the museums! xxxxxoooo

lol - "watch your step"

Lina said...

that sounds delicious!! i want it!
im glad you're eating good food and looking at pretty things.
love you

Brandon said...

you should see 'in bruges' it's awesome