Friday, December 18, 2009

Wien

"wien"= Vienna!
Alex and I are currently in Vienna, Austria. It is incredibly beautiful. The buildings are breathtaking. I've been stopping every few steps to take pictures. Earlier today, we went to a place kind of like saturday market called a winachts markt (i'm not postive on how to spell it). It was fun, we got punch and food. My first punch was a berry punch and the second was an apple-honey punch (so incredibly delicious). For lunch we split a brautwerst (sp?) and something that was flat bread with cheese and proscuitto-type meat. Everything tasted very good. We have now escaped to an internet cafe because it is SO COLD outside and we needed to warm up for a little bit. It has been snowing since we got here. Everything is beautiful. Pottenstein (which is where we are staying) is the most darling town. It is very small, and very pretty. The town is covered in mountains and trees and Alex's grandma's house has many windows to look out. Her house is so beautiful as well. I will definitely take pictures!
I so far have not yet had a meal without meat. It is quite the change. For lunch yesterday we had salad, bread, and chicken. For dinner we had soup with cow liver (i had a hard time eating that one). They looked like matza balls, but they didn't taste like them. For breakfast we had soft boiled eggs, break with homemade apricot marmalade and ham and cheese.
Another interesting thing, is that everywhere that I have gone, American music has been playing. As i'm writing this, U2 is playing in the background. Britney Spears was playing at H & M and Blondie was playing at Alex's gradmas house.
Something I didn't expect is that everyone is having a hard time saying my name. I told Alex he can start introducing me as Ana because the Bri part is hard for people to say.

i don't think gina will be reading this...but if someone could send the message-- Alex and I were thinking of her this morning when eating ham and cheese on our bread because we know she likes ham and cheese sandwiches!

Angela-- I saw a jacket at H & M this morning that I thought you would like. I didn't get it because it was too expensive just in case you didn't like it. But it was short and had tons of zippers and it was a really awesome blue color. It made me think of you.

Caitlin-- Alex's grandma's kitchen reminds me of yours. The counters are very similar. I think you would like it here. It's very cold, but so beautiful and walking around is just so lovely.

Dad-- I'm glad Russel won! I did want Jakob to win...but Russel was my very first favorite so i'm happy. What place did Ellenore come in? Her and Jakob were my favorites. love you!

Mom-- Did you watch so you think you can dance? I don't know if you read above but russel won. I like him so that's good.
My phone hasn't gotten service anywhere that i've gone. I'll read the manuel when we get back to his grandmas house, maybe i'm supposed to do something...you can call his grandmas house too though. She speaks some english, i'm sure she'll understand if you're asking for me though. You can say shplekn brianna bitta. I dont know if i typed that correctly..but that's how it sounds. It means speak brianna please. i don't know how to form a proper sentence.


There is so much to saz, but i'll leave it at that for now. It is very hard to type on these computers because things are placed differently. The y and z are switched and it is just funny.

i love and miss everyone!
I'm having so much fun and can't wait to continue to share all the adventures to come!

♥B

4 comments:

Tracey Baker said...

Everything sounds so incredibly wunderbar! Glad to hear you're having a good time. Liebe - Judd & Tracey

joy said...

I'm too excited to hear from you to even type anything coherent! You sound great - I love, love love & miss you. xxxooo

joy said...

I tried to call you today & got your voice mail immediately - went to at&t and they think you might not have cell coverage where you are staying - Chris is going to check with customer service tomorrow. I'm dying to hear your voice and will call you on the land line asap - must synchronize time zones.... xxxooo

Naomi said...

everything sounds so amazing! i can't wait for photos/to hear more. love you so much! -naomi
p.s. where's MY special note??! :)